Monday 10 May 2010

Photoshop text tutorial

I bought this months version of Photoshop Creative as a kind of spur of the moment thing. To be honest there's alot of stuff to do with digital photography, which doesn't really apply to me. On the other hand, I learnt some amazing tricks and short cuts, particularly on the blending options on the layers. Whats even better was that I was able to put them into practice on my own work.

Below is the original tutorial I did. Its basically creating a text and making it look like jam. I used tools that I've never really played about with such as the Direct Selection Tool and the delete anchor point to modify the text.

Below is a little breakdown of screenshots of how it works


I started by using the stock image on the disc and writing the word 'let's' in the Hobo Font.


Using the Direct selection tool and delete anchor points, I made the text look more messy and like a liquid.






After some messing around with the super blending options, I was able to come up with this. I felt really happy with how this came out, and in my next post you can see how I used it in my own personal work.

No comments:

Post a Comment