Monday 20 September 2010

Plan of the week, 20th September

Monday morning, bright and early. The first years are getting there brains melted by information overload and I'm sitting in the pod thinking about what I'm going to get done this week.

I've managed to get a fair amount of research done this weekend. I looked at a some tip top character designs and oddly enough, actually learnt a fair bit too, about what I should change to make my designs stronger. I've still got a little touching up to do, typing up my backstory and what not. I've obviously given myself a bit of a do because I have two protagonists, so that equals two backstories to type up, two model sheets etc. But, I don't mind that, the enthusiasm that was pulsing through my veins hasn't evaporated over the weekend so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Anyway, here's the breakdown of the week.

Monday: I want to finish up all my research. Like I said I've got the majority of it done, which is a bit of a rarity for me. But I think if I can spend today making it tickety boo I'll be happy.

Also, I have got the approval on the linework for my jigsaws and colouring books, so tonight I'll be bashing on trying to get the colours all put together. Shouldn't take to long hopefully as its only flat colour...but I think the quicker I can get them done, the quicker I can get paid!

Tuesday: With my research (hopefully) out of the way, its time to start working in my sketch pad. I'll be gathering up reference material for the robbers, Ice cream logos etc. all that jazz. I know I already have some initial designs, but I'll be starting from fresh and I'm going to exhaust all avenues.

Wednesday: Hopefully I'll be fleshing out my idea's, drawing out some more designs and what not. I think one of the things I'll really have to go at is drawing the bike for the robber, and the ice cream cart for the Icer. So I'll be spending time making sure they are of the same quality as the characters.

Thursday: I'll be spending the time developing my concepts again. Also, The Illusionist is on a the Tyneside Cinema for the last time, so I think I'll be going to see that.

Friday: Hopefully, my designs will be pretty much sorted, and I can spend the day, and the weekend drawing up my final concepts for colouring next week.

Yeah, so that's that really. I think that seems like a fairly reasonable amount of work. I'll be updating here to show where I am with the designs throughout the week...so keep an eye out


No comments:

Post a Comment