Monday 18 October 2010

Where's all the time going?

Here we are, yet another Monday and the start of a new week. Lots to do. I'm feeling raring to go though, so fingers crossed it'll be a productive seven days.

Before I go onto my weekly plan. I'm going to go through a few illustrators who have been tickling my fancy lately.

First up, Jelle Pelle. I might have mentioned him in earlier posts. He illustrates for childrens books, magazines etc, and his work is top nosh. Here's an example.


Everything about this is fantastic. The composition works really well, all the elements have room to breath. The colour choice helps carry the emotion of the image, light and colourful. Also, if you look at the shapes which are used, its mainly curves and circles, which are proven to make the viewer feel happier than say, sharp angles.

The perspective is obviously great too, even at such an obscure angle, he manages to tell the story of the image. Anyway, I basically love this image.

Right, here's another image one of my favourite genres, Western! Again, the composition and framing in this is brilliant. The two bandits hold the piece together at the bottom of the image, and their hats help to draw the eye towards the cowboy. The colour coming from behind the cowboy works really well too. Also, I like the collage effects in this. He uses different textures and patterns for the clothing. Sometimes if this isn't done well, it looks clumsy and awkward. But when done right like this, it adds alot to the image.

He uses a collage effect for the background too, things such as the wheel and cabinet are imported in and then adjusted to fit the image.


Anyhow, heres a video of how he made the above image. Honestly, if you only spend 15 mins on the internet today, make sure its watching this. I love how much attention to detail and love goes into creating this image, I hope I can get this kind of finish in my illustrations one day, I think its all abut patience and hard work.


Class eh?

Right, I've got plenty of other artists and animations that I want to go through, so every day this week I'm going to post up some inspirational stuff, and thats a fact.

Okay, weekly plan. As I mentioned in my last post I'm a little behind because of the work I've been doing, so this weeks needs to be a real belter. I've got a good feeling though, so fingers crossed.

Monday:

Updating blog- check! But more importantly I want to get my final storyboards done and dusted so that I can work out which part I'm going to animate for this project. So, when I get home later its straight to work on my boards. Its funny because sometimes I want to work on personal piece for my portfolio. But for now, all my attention is going to be on this film. I'm getting excited about working on it, and hopefully that won't fade away...

Tuesday:

Now that my storyboards are done (hopefully) I can begin fleshing out the thumbnails of what I'm going to animate. I haven't decided whether I'm going to do a scene for the robber or the Ice Cream Man, or even both if time allows

Wednesday:

Okay, so hopefully everything will now be in place to begin basic animating, getting keyframes done and what not.

Thursday:

Animation is the order of the day with a side dish of hard work, blood and tears. Mmmm

Friday:

Okay, so by this point I'm hoping that I'll have a finished line test, or at least a rough one.

So its not the most complicated plan, it basically just involves hardwork and graft. I also have to squeeze in my research which isn't quite all done yet. Yep fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment